Thursday 26 May 2016

The 5th Wave

 

Hi , 
I would like you to get interested in the film I have recently seen.
The 5th Wave, directed by J Blakeson is is "an effectively decent post-apocalyptic, young-adult, world-in-the-balance survival thriller" (the review from variety.com) 
The fact is that I was very intrigued by the story of the film. 
I'm keen on watching action films and thrillers so keeping track of the story was a great pleasure.
The film is based on the novel by Rick Yancey.

Now let's read a small summary.
'The 5th Way' tells the story of a young girl, Cassie Sullivan (Chloe Grace Moretz) living in Ohio who was typical teenager: she joined the parties, fell in love with one of her school's hunks, Ben Parish (Nick Robinson) and did the things all girls in her age do. 
But the fairytale has ended. 
 The arrival of a massive alien ship just above their street changes everything. 
Cassie and her family have to move out and fight for their survival. 
We can observe how the young and carefree girl changes herself into responsible and courageous for her and her little brother, Sam (Zackary Arthur) one. 
  Cassie after a painful loss of her loved ones promises herself to avenge their deaths.
She meets Evan Walker, semi-human, semi-alien who rescues her and helps her to look for her brother.
All the people who survived have to fight with the aliens to regain the Earth. It may sound piteously ridiculous but trust me, this movie is totally worth watching!

The film's plot keeps you in suspense from beginning to the end.

I hope you will find the film absolutely delightful as I do. ;) 

Best regards, 
J.O







2 comments:

  1. How it possible that I haven't heard about that film before? I'm big science-fiction fan, so I can't understand it ;). Your review is quite encouraging and also I find Chole Grace Mortez as a really good actress, so yes, I need to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that my short review encouraged you to watch the movie :) Greetings! ;)

    ReplyDelete